Working with and serving our local communities, have been the foundation stones in establishing Sweethaven Computers as a much-loved MSP. We have been an active member of the Reigate Business Guild taking part in annual event promotions and we have been particularly active in establishing close community links through our award-winning Apprenticeship scheme, where:
- We attend annual careers fairs with local schools and colleges
- We have recruited a min of 1 apprentice every year
- Sweethaven were Named Surrey's "apprenticeship scheme of the year"
- Diogo Constantino in our marketing team, was recently been recognised as a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship of the Year
- Work in partnership with East Surrey College every year to promote National Apprenticeship Week
- Recently invited to partake in promoting apprenticeships within the Microsoft backed charity Catch 22 (promoting careers for underprivileged)
As we have grown our work within schools and colleges, our CEO Melissa Rambridge has become increasingly involved in working with ‘Inspiring the Future’ https://www.inspiringthefuture.org, an amazing charity that raises the aspirations of young people and shows them exciting futures. Melissa’s work has focused on promoting female presence in STEM as the charity gives opportunities for young people to meet face-to-face a wide range of role models doing interesting, exciting jobs to inspire and motivate them. The goal is to help them to understand that by aiming high, working hard and making an effort in school or college they can realise their dreams.
More generally then we have a young workforce who are always active in fundraising activities both individually and as a team, for example last year many of us took part in a Tough Mudder team building event raising money for Womens Aid and our apprentices organised a fantastic local gaming tournament to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.