As we grow our business we are becoming acutely aware of the responsibilities we all have, in addressing the environmental challenges that are facing the world. We have a young workforce who are clearly concerned and passionate about stopping Climate Change and so we have recently committed as a business to review all our processes, policies and purchasing decisions to ensure we are doing as much as we can to reduce our carbon footprint and impact on the world’s resources.
Sustainable IT, also known as Green IT, as defined by International Federation of Global & Green ICT "IFGICT", covers the manufacturing, use, management and disposal of information technology in a way that minimizes its impact on the environment, You will see that we are now building this thinking into our product and service offerings by ensuring that sustainability, energy efficiency, zero carbon manufacturing and end of life re-use are all considered as part of our product selection criteria. so we are really pleased to offer our customers a range of Green ICT products, services and value added partnerships so we can help move everyone more quickly towards a Zero Carbon Future.
- Servers & Data Centres - Fujitsu – "In today’s world of rising energy costs, energy efficient servers are one important building block helping to significantly reduce the operating costs of your IT infrastructure... At Fujitsu, we prove over and over again that we follow our mission: to provide our customers with high performing, energy efficient and reliable server systems. Fujitsu has continually optimized its x86-based servers for virtualization and cloud environments over several generations. The energy efficiency of FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY systems improved by factor 30 since the start of power and performance characteristic measurements since 2007." Find out more - https://www.fujitsu.com/uk/products/computing/servers/primergy/energy-efficiency/
- Laptops & User Devices - Circular Computing – "Sustainable manufacturing means making products in a way that does not harm the environment. From reducing the amount of materials and chemicals used during production to environmentally-friendly packaging and making them more energy efficient, there are many ways in which manufacturers can impact sustainability. There are increasingly strict laws that limit the use of toxic substances, levels of pollution and even the amount of energy a product can use. Circular Computing™ have taken this a step further by remanufacturing laptops. Rather than use virgin raw materials to build a laptop from scratch, we disassemble, repair and upgrade existing laptops to give the original unit a new lease of life." Find out more - https://circularcomputing.com/about/what-is-sustainable-it/
- Energy efficiency - Energy Star – "ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions... ENERGY STAR is the simple choice for energy efficiency, making it easy for consumers and businesses to purchase products that save them money and protect the environment." Read more...
- Green ICT Advice – Our consultants can provide assistance in Green ICT procurement decisions and help you to develop a Green ICT Vision and Zero Carbon Strategy. For information, book your free consultation call.
- Zero Landfill -
- Computeraid – "Since 1997 we have helped over 14.5 million people worldwide. We have provided over 260,000 computers in over 100 countries, enabling over 1 billion hours of learning. We believe that technology has become a necessity for education because it creates a better learning environment. Computers allow easy communication and access to educational resources. Today Computer Aid is one of the leading ICT4D organizations in the world. We make this happen by;
- Providing access to low-cost computers and software for non-profit organisations
- Training teachers in ICT skills to improve their confidence when teaching
- Monitoring and evaluating our projects with impact-based reporting
- Placing our projects in areas where they will have the biggest impact
- Offering a secure IT disposal service to help companies tackle eWaste
- Recycling electronic waste at the end of its usable life"
To read more, visit their website.
- Green IT Disposal – Disposal & Recycling Specialists, focussed on minimising waste and reducing the costs associated with the disposal of IT equipment. o Free Collection Nationwide (min 20 items) o Free Processing o Free Data Destruction o Free Reporting o Free Certification o ICO Registered o Approved by the Environmental Agency Green IT Disposal are registered with the (ICO) Information Commissioners Office and are compliant with the EU GDPR. Their policy on data security is that all data bearing media will be managed and disposed of securely and in full compliance with the latest regulations in accordance with UK Government requirements.
To read more, visit their website.
For all Managed Service customers we make a commitment to Plant Trees to help you offset the impact of your ICT use on Global Warming, through our support for ‘Just One Tree’ https://www.justonetree.life
FORESTS CAN PROVIDE 30% OF THE SOLUTION TO KEEPING GLOBAL WARMING BELOW 2%